Ease of use:
- During dev: Straightforward JS lib purely canvas based.
- Object oriented and easy looking for anyone familiar with 2d game engines or Flash.
- Helper functions and boiler plates, samples and ready-made assets.
- 2D scene graph functionality ( Parent/child relationships)
- High-level game features: Camera, Scene Management, Parallax Planes, etc. Asset management
- Componentized engine For example: sound and graphics features can be used Standalone or with higher level game abstraction class. TFX
- Device independent detection
- Efficient rendering of graphics and animation across a wide range of browser runtime environments (Mobile Safari, Mobile Chrome, Android, Silk, etc.)
- Mobile First. Designed for mobile, but works on desktop equally well.
- Fast. Optimized canvas renderer ensures speed and compatibility across all mobile devices.
- Easy. Object oriented framework. Build off of core classes and scene graph objects.
- Familiar. Scene graph architecture & layering system makes AS3 developers feel right at home.
- Efficient. TexturePacker plug-in makes integrating texture-packed images trivial.
- Versatile. Animation system supports sprite sheets and keyframed exports from Flash via TFX.
- Cross Platform. Map user input handling to both desktop and mobile without platform specific controls.
- Asset Manager. Supports images, audio, and js. for asset loading for entire game or per-level loads.
- Tweening . Fully featured tweening library.
- Dynamic Camera. Extensible camera shaking effects.
- Documented. API docs, tutorials, code snippets, sample games with full source, and developer forums.